Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Very Pinteresting.....

I haven't showered today.  My ONLY motivation for showering at this point is because someone is bound to start complaining if I don't.  For the past 4 hours, my butt has been firmly glued to the chair in my kitchen that sits directly in front of my computer...the computer that has recently RUINED my life by introducing me to Pinterest.  Pinterest, in turn, has threatened to turn my musings blog into a foods and crafts outlet for my new addiction.

If you don't know Pinterest yet, you will.  Your grandma might tell you about it because she's going to knit you a really cool sweater she found there.  Your girlfriend pinned the CUTEST engagement ring that you just HAVE to see!  Mom is using it to plan her entire Thanksgiving meal and well, your sister may have just found crafts to fulfill EVERY Christmas gift on her list.  But, that's not me.  I swear.

My baby sister-in-law, who NEVER gets involved in any social media outlets (think Facebook) is even hooked on Pinterest.  That, in turn, got me so excited that I walked into her hospital room last week, hours after she had given birth to the CUTEST baby boy, and uttered the phrase, "Oh, sis, I found something SO Pinteresting to tell you!"  Yes, I turned the word Pinterest into an adjective.

I now have, literally, five craft projects in the works; seven recipes yet to try; three rooms to remodel, a backyard to re-landscape and lots of pictures to frame.  I am suddenly so overwhelmed with ideas that I don't know where to start.  I can only compare it to cyber-hoarding.  Thanks to Pinterest, I am now a cyber-hoarder.

This leads me to wonder...is there anything Pinterest doesn't know?  This week, I learned how to do a fishbone braid, got 100+ ideas to pack the perfect lunchbox, make my own candles, create wonderful bows for birthday gifts, got a recipe for the ultimate sugar scrub and apparently, when I finally get motivated, there's a whole world of fitness tips for me to obsess over!

I didn't need this in my life.  Right now, I don't know if I really want this in my life.  However, if it were taken away from me tomorrow, I'd whine about it for at least a month.  I love Pinterest and I hope someday, there will be a support group for people like me.

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Thank you for sharing the obsession with me. I actually told my sister who keeps going "you're STILL on that site," that she too will be very Pinterested soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, don't you think there should be a word that describes a Pinterest addiction? Let's work on that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I have just got into Pinterest and LOVE it!! I don't know why you have kept this a secret from me for so long! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee....Michelle, it's so addictive I just shut out the rest of the world when I'm pinning. ;)

    ReplyDelete