Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mature Post....don't click the link if you have kids in the room who don't know what an F-bomb sounds like.

Some time ago, I came across this book.  I love this book.  I love everything about this book.  I love that the author 'gets me'.  I love that he was able to capture, so eloquently, my frustration with bedtime.  I know many of you have already read this book.  Some of you may have even read it several times, in your head, while you're sitting in a corner sucking your thumb and wondering if there's light at the end of the bedtime tunnel.

I've attached the link here.  Go check it out and come back.  But don't say I didn't warn you.  Put your headphones on, turn your speakers down or get the kids out of the room.  Y'all are gonna hear some cussin'.

Go The F*ck To Sleep

So, what did you think?  Pure genius having Samuel L. Jackson to read this beloved tale, right?  I could listen to him talk all day and now I find myself wishing that Mr. Mansbach would write a few more books in this series.  For example, who can relate to "Brush your F***ing Teeth" or the ever-popular, "Eat Your F***ing Dinner"?  Mark my words, it will happen.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything, but at some point we all bust a forehead vein trying to teach them that we are the bosses of the house.  There's a little laugh for the day.  Now I'm going to go kick myself for not writing this book myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment