Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here you go, mom. I finally did what you told me to do.

I hate commitment, so the first person who says to me, "Why haven't you blogged lately?" will get punched in the neck.  Mom said that I should start writing stories about the crazy things I post on Facebook.  At first, I thought that I'd never have enough to actually create a successful blog, but then I started to realize that my life is weird enough to fill up a few paragraphs every other day.  I also figured it would be something interesting for my kids to read and reflect on after I'm gone.  Maybe they'll get some advice from me when it comes time to raise their own kids.

So, bear with me as I try to cope with part-time single parenting, the guilt of not having a job, the pain of infertility, the battle between loving food and hating my body, my love of getting dirty in the garden and the joys of being a 40-something mom of twins who didn't come with instructions.






2 comments:

  1. Good luck! P.S. i love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good opening line... I'll read it! My mom keeps bugging me about the same thing. Maybe I'll get around to it... Lord knows it'll give me one more thing to waste time doing at work!

    ReplyDelete